Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Camera & Lenses

Well, if I'm going to blog about photography, let me start by telling you about my camera.  I have a Nikon D3000 {which, unfortunately for me, has been upgraded to the even better D3100}.  For any out-and-about photography, I usually take my camera equipped with the 18-55mm kit lens, which is fabulous.

55-200mm VR Lens; 105mm; f/5.0; 1/125s; ISO 100

In addition, I have a Nikon 55-200mm VR Zoom Lens that I use for far-away pictures. This lens is perfect for trips to the zoo, or Mt. Rushmore, etc.  However, I find I don't use it that often, as I am then committed to not getting a shot wider than 55mm, and I really like my wide angle shots!

My most recent lens purchase was Nikon's 50mm f/1.8 and it has been love!  All of Norah's photos were taken with this lens, and so many other photos you'll see around here too.

Well, that about covers it for now, but I'll be back later with more details on some of my other equipment {although, I'm a really simple kind of girl, so I don't have tons!}


2 comments:

  1. Simple is good! Sometimes I think people forget that. I think all your photos are really beautiful. My husband actually takes photos (his grandfather was a professional photographer, and was really good; Bill used to be good when he used film) but since he got his digital camera years ago, he's gotten lazy and now many of his shots are blurry. So I usually rely on myself, and I just have a little Sony (but it's pink!) that I got when Karina was born. It's nothing fancy, not even a little, but I've had some nice photos with it and at least we have pictures of the girls. Non-blurry ones, I mean!

    ReplyDelete